2.17.2010

Les Hommes Romantique.

I just, like I'm live blogging this just, just had an encounter with what appeared to be some vagrants, perhaps homeless, men.


Also, aren't those commas just killing you?
Les filles disent: So Artful!

Les Hommes Romantiques disent: So Daring!

Est le grammarian seul dit: So Wrong!


Live blogging live blogging, it seems.

So I approached the stop-sign, and as usual came to a stop as the two vagrants walked across the street. Some head nods of sorts were traded in the typical man to man method, and even more typically man to man miss-communication was had, in which the homeless gentlemen thought it would be more appropriate for me to run the sign than to have me wait at the stop.

I insisted otherwise by stopping, they then insisted or at least one of the fellows insisted that I was "forcing him to cross quicker than his cantering pace." While he didn't phrase it that way, I was compelled to undertake his meaning. Was it true that my lack of action, of stopping in fact was a manipulative effort to compel his hastened progress across this intersection.

Our actions, apparently can do so, yet I said "I'm not making you do anything." To which much muttering and stiffly guarded beleaguering was exchanged, and I then hastened my pace as the exchange came to a close. We all maintained our civility, despite an event which could have easily become discourteous.

No comments: