I know that when the great wet comes
We'll climb.
Some will roll, and the thunder never heard,
Defines us all.
I know that trees and water and rain
Have soaked me to the bone
And one without the other
Isn't possible.
And I've spent hours in a pool
Of water by a raging river,
Getting colder by the minute
And minutes pass like hours.
I know that somedays I can't feel hunger,
But I lessen and lessen
Until I'm a whisper of myself
Grasping foolishly to a rind of bread.
It's true that some weeks
And years and months and days
Will float by
Wild Strawberries.
The grass cut
The tooth brushed
We're ready to move on
To our next diswant.
I know that the things I say
I can't remember
But I can't remember
Why I didn't want to at first.
Frequently wrong,
It's entirely possible
That this was a great gamble
Turned up red.
It's not that I won't
It's just that this David
Can't have children.
He'll be someone different.
Can you morn the loss
Of yourself
Like a 10 year separation
Estranged from a child of the past.
I know that I've been alone,
Keeping myself company
for 25 years,
It'll take a few more at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment