9.10.2012

Mask.

I used to, and I think a lot of people who've worn masks, and I'm talking about literal masks here, have had the experience that they're freeing.  That when you're wearing a mask, you can do and say what you wouldn't normally say.  But a while ago, I had the opportunity, and it caused a reversal for me.  Masks, no need.  Freeing is not wearing a mask.  There's a fear, that without the mask the bunting will be stripped clean.  That without the mask, the beat red face, the pounding nerves, will be the end of it.  There's no coverup.  It's like, so what if you're having that dream where you show up nude to some important something.  You're ready, but you're nude.  So what?  Get it over with.  You're nude.  That's the end of it then.  Can't show up double nude.  No mask then?  That's it.  You're you, and that's all you're ever going to be.  The best mask is your own face.  Take it off, and it's still your own face.

No comments: