8.20.2009

Go, go, Facial Tattoo.

It's not really in my scone to judge hard on people for their personal choices, but one hot day while eating a burrito by the river a large man with facial tattoos demanded directions to the 'duck-pond.'
Sure, I saw the guy coming down the path and I admittedly thought, "Wow, big 'X' facial tattoos, obese. This guy is all about life-choices."

He was a little gruff, and a bit more upset when I suggested that the "duck pond" as he called it was all the way back a mile up the path. We had a miscommunication, apparently. He wanted a bend in the river, where rocks are piled up and Geese tend to gather. Sorry, man. But we had it straightened out in the end and he ambled off with out a word of thanks.

I like baffling interactions. Why does this guy interact like this? Who is he with his facial tattoos and obesity?

Working one summer at Macy's I ran into a man demanding directions to the mens' socks. I'll never forget the most shrill and worried request for socks; "Where are the mens' socks?"

I think I'm reminded of everyday angermen after seeing a young punk on the streets this evening and overhearing him say, "I should have thrown these through his fucking windshield." It's sort of awesome, misdirected anger. Sure that could probably be explained away by the typical sort of teenage frustration. I know because I, like all young men, was a younger man full of all sorts of unnecessary anger.

Some people I know, in response to my young manedness, say something along the lines of, "Wow, that's some screwed up sort of machismo going on!" But I understand it; Can't be helped at that age. Or at least it's familiar.

So next time we see some angry sort of heliopersona smoldering and popping with boiling grease, let's look at them like facisnating subjects.

No comments: