If you know me, you know that my deep yearning is to make something or other. I'd always rather be sewing, or doing some carpentry, or building a boat, or baking a pie, or any other constructive activity.
Create, Create, Create?
Well maybe it's that sometimes life just gets a little critical. Breaking things down all day, looking at at culture and society through an x-ray; isn't it just nicer when you can say "I made a hat." That's it. A hat you can wear when it gets cold. Also later maybe I'll add some ear flaps to that hat. Then even later maybe the hats got some buttons and snaps. Then some pockets are added, and it's reversible. Then maybe the hat has tripled in size and it's a sculpture of that selfsame hat. It doesn't really matter what it is, just that something is, has, and was made.
'Ye gods, that's what I'd rather be doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment