7.20.2010

The Degreed Lament

Oh hey, what.
The first with two,
That say
I'm better than you
At things like
Fucking Poetic Line,
Which I never really valued anyway.

Words like P*@$%#@!
And Sch#*!@#$ty
Might as well be dirty
When they leave you
Without a job
And hyper-critical.

So I value shit
Like Sandwiches
And Pants
And Not wearing Pants
And too much Japan
The internet
And Visual Media.

My religion is wasting time
And feeling bad
And Drinking Coffee
And talking about that one time
A thing happened
and it was like
a Million other people's things.

So hey,
read the other day some story,
and since it was written
I valued it more than if I were told it.

And oh,
I can't remember your name.
And I have pretty good anxiety.
And I hate having anxiety
Because that's a thing that people get,
and if I have it,
then I'm like everyone else.

Degreed Lament.

Spills are coffee with water and particles of coffee
is a metaphor.

Sundays like Mondays is a simile is a metaphor for an undecided amount of time.

No comments: