1.07.2011

Double Down.

How to Afford to Care,
a treatise on lying.
or
Poetic License Means:
You're an old man now, so you get to tell people why the world is wrong.

Any asshole can tell the truth,
But I'm an expert,
So when I do it,
You think I'm lying.

You can trust yourself to make the wrong decision
And by you, I mean me.

I can trust myself to make the wrong decision.
And by you, if you said it, you'd mean you.

You're mean,
And I don't trust you.
Asshole.

Vs.

Theories On Racism
Or
Things that are different scare me.

I think that instead of racism, people should say how they really feel.

"That person is different and I'm uncomfortable!"

It could be yelled out a truck window,
If the truck was moving at slow speeds.

More succinctly,

"I fear you!"
or
"My anger equals fear!"
or
"Different!"

Perhaps for the discerning Racist we would expect some choice word well suited.

"My family inadequately prepared me for cultural differences!"

"You're physical appearance is different, I fear change!"

"This is not unlike Bede's parable, and you represent the unknown!"

"My animalistic reaction to you is likely surrounds a sense of territory and culturally formed ideas about gender roles, and anger seems the only outlet with which I'm prepared to interact."

Then we can all agree that perhaps this one suits most.

"I hate you because it's easier!"

Please keep in mind, this does not serve as a primer for racism, or a guide.
Please do not apply these systems to other groups in terms of their gender, sexuality, cultural identity, physical appearance or sports team preference.





No comments: