2.06.2011

Hot House Jazz Two Step.

For someone who gets the dreads as much as much as I do,
It's surprising that you couldn't get me to jump out of an airplane.
But there are only 321 days until Christmas
And even though it may be a little early to start counting,
I started counting 21 days ago.

It's like how you start thinking about Spring in mid-January,
And the flowers and grass is thinking about it too,
Coming up here and there little green sons of bitches.
If it were sunlight instead of meat, beer, and potatoes to get me through the winter
I don't know if I could do it.

So I started taking some little pills with liquid sunshine in each one.
And I got anxiety.
It's like how summer brings sunburns and healthy kissing people out,
And now I'm out of place with my dread and slump.
There's no challenge in the warmth, and somehow whining is encouraged.

No comments: