2.01.2011

Things I get.

Things I Get.

I get to hate you and here's why even though I'm a white male and it seems like the wrong thing to do;
You're handsome, and privaledged and people value what you do only because you're the one doing it.
You're engaged deeply with culture and fashion and here's why I've spent my life breaking down fashion and culture and analyzing, criticizing, deincentivising lifestyles spent around pleasure and beliefs unfounded.
I get to hate you and here's the thing, I'm jealous of your lifestyle that I don't even want, like your dark eyes and your heavy beard and your chest hair protruding up through your shirt and the way you look in cameras postured heavy on the I don't give enough shit.
I don't even believe in stuff and I give a shit.
Try that on, and I hate you.

Ideas for Love in the World.

I don't say I love you to people.
Which is kind of funny because my life is about words I guess,
And I don't value them.
You can probably tell if I love you based on what I do.
Did I spend 2 days reading a book you expressed interest in, in passing?
Maybe I mowed your lawn for free for 3 years.
Oh, I helped you move without asking.
Probably was always there and didn't care.
But what's weirder is that instead of saying that I'm for breaking down the harmony and peace.
Expressing hate in the world is dangerous but so much stronger.
I'm falling in hate with you.
If you can love you can hate.
Like how I hate you for being pretty, and still being insecure.
Or how I hate you for being distant.
Or how some people fall in love with a life event.
Like how they might like this or that or sunsets on the beach.
Well I'm falling in hate with hot sunny days that burn my skin.
Or how I'm falling in hate with the romance of being alone, travelling alone, driving alone, living alone.
Ah, the rugged individual, is American ideal.

No comments: