7.23.2011

Charact.

Why I'm every character.
Maybe I've put myself into these creations.
Maybe we (I) fictionalize ourselves (myself).
So, I've been reading a social construction of grammar book recently:

So, I can be an agent.
I coined "agentive" in a paper in college.
You're supposed to use that word to describe grammar only,
And now, years later,
I find that my life is the intersection of grammar and
Self.

Agentive.

So I can be an agent.

I guess I'm agentive.
But I'm every character too.
I'm reading Stop Paying Attention.
I'm this character,
And it's the first girl
I've mapped myself onto.
Maybe that's why I'm such a good reader.

Am I me,
Am I an amalgamation
Amalgamated Works of Self Construction, INC.

There's a list of characters I think I am:
I am Fry, from Futurama.
We have the same hair cut.
It's obvious really.
But it's the singularity of characters that make me relate.

Isolated individuals

Which, probably everybody feels like.
I don't care,
This is about me.

But it's about
Leopold Bloom.

It's Yorick Brown.
It's the angry young man.
It's the band Dire Straits.
It's Tin Tin.
It's a picture of younger me.
It's every Hemingway lead male character.
It's the lost generation.
It's those authors.
It's Lupid the 3rd.
It's
It's
It's
It's

No comments: