7.16.2011

Me first!

I've had people say to me,
"Well, see I've been in a relationship with someone for most of my life; At least you know who you are stand-alone."
At least I know who I am.
But now I've come to a point where I think about who I am,
And how it's like that episode of something redacted comes this way,
And how you, and almost anyone outside of extreme nerdballs wouldn't understand the dumb reference,
anyway.

It's not that I'm a nerd, I am of course a nerd, but it's not that, and it's not that I'm not more than a nerd as well.

It's that I'm really good at watching TV.

Someone, probably my parents, made some sidelong remark about having kids:
"We'll see, when you have kids blah blah blah, can't blah blah, must buy furniture then."
So, then I was thinking, I might have kids, I might get married, I might be different;
But it won't be me who does those things, it'll be a different me.

If I met that me-when, we'd be a good deal different.
Would it be like when I used to read the things I wrote,
And cringe?

Or would the me-today, look on and cringe.
No compromise in defense of myself.
Or is it
Adapt to survive.

No comments: