5.20.2012

One

I read a short story in the New Yorker and later found out from someone who is probably wrong that the author is kind of a dick, but also I read his book before that person said that, and thought it was OK, but I didn't realize that the short story was actually a chapter in the book, which shouldn't have been a surprise, I was an English major and isn't that how authors like F. Scott Fitzgerald did it; I should have seen it coming; it was so obvious, and I thought that the story was actually pretty good, maybe I got a little watery-eyed during some of the novel, and what's stranger is that I'm actually thinking about a different story and a different author:  The short story was called something like "Severe Haircut," and yes I really like those and mine is inspired by Ron Perlman in "The City of Lost Children" and the title f that short story, but everyone always says other dumb things like "greaser" and "Elvis" and "Pony-boy," but that last one I kind of bring on myself, but enough about me, it's good to see you again, want to make-out?

No comments: