I should work in HR.
Which is surprising, and
I never would have though that I'd be softened
By constant professional rejection,
Not that I was particular hard to begin with, But
I think naturally,
As we get older,
There's a hardening.
But I'm getting softer,
Or smaller.
Diminished, for sure.
Less confident.
And it feels really terrible, to get no response
From a job application
From people who are supposed to be your colleagues,
But I worked in HR
I'd personally call every person back.
I'm sorry sir, but the administration has made the wrong choice,
You didn't get the job.
Good luck,
And I know there aren't any jobs left.
So really, good bye.
Have fun doing things you don't want to do,
While people who are worse at what you do want to do,
Fumble.
But god damn,
You can clean a floor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment