6.23.2012

That it? You proud.

Melissa Bridgette Etheridge knew nothing of the sallow mass writhing before her, or how she had come to share a name with a singer whom she also knew relatively little about.  It was clear from the cries that not only do cartoons feel pain, they can die.  But with a relatively swift kick, Burt Lancaster, yes- the actor, rode a horse into the scene I'm describing.  "Huzzah," he said, but it was so muffled by the gas mask I didn't tell you about that there was only an indistinct release of valves and the clink of ice cubes in a glass.  "Scotch's ready," said the bartender from Love Boat, a show I never watched.  He wasn't there, but a TV was on, somewhere, silently muted, something only dogs could hear.  There were no dogs, here.  This is a mall, and dogs aren't allowed in the mall, goddammit.  I've been a security guard here too goddamn long, and I don't need no dogs, with all the other shit I've got to deal with.  Rogue Santa flash mobs.  Pervert Easter Bunnies.  The Gap, that is, the gap in our balcony, in front of the Gap store.  People have fallen.  It's really pretty dangerous.

No comments: