7.21.2009

Just like Thomas Edison

I've always had a problem with waxy ears. Small ears and long canals and lots of wax. Some days I wake up infuriated by a clogged canal. Water-boring is one solution, but that can promote a hot wet environment for bacteria to grow. There is a solution, that I can't tell you about.

Thomas Edison recorded on wax cylinders, but that was on the outside. Is there a phonographic record in my ears of what was heard. I guess that would presuppose a needle.

We recorded a class debate; I listened back. To my surprise, I began the conversation; My voice is different than I remember, but I'm not as nervous and ashamed as I once seemed in audiretrospect. That was cool. I wish I had come to class with tired voice, or maybe sick voice. Those are interesting experiments in voices.

It's like returning to a paper written for class on some esoteric subject for which the nuances have left, and being surprised that the well-thought, intelligent author is yourself.

I wish I had a recording of myself saying the phrase, "A quick game of grab-ass." On another topic, I've thought of doing some recordings of one or another thing; Either I will podcast at some point this non-germane writing, or share a new habit of friends and the accented reading of the personals.

No comments: