11.11.2009
Glen Bishop
Do you watch Mad Men? I got into it and obviously, like the closet obsessive I am, have watched well into season two in a matter of a week. One character that has stuck out for me has always been Glen Bishop, the neighbor boy whose adult trapped in a boys body routine is a baffling plot choice. Perhaps it's the quality of the show that dictates this abnormal character choice, this addendum of reality based uncanny happenings. It's just that Glen seems reasonable. An ice-breaker for the fourth-wall of television where drama is watched and drama is felt. Mad Men is a precipitously slow moving show at times. The camera will at times sit and pause on actors, allowing the depression and loneliness that pervades most of the characters to seep into your soul. Strangely I always see this show without music, and for the most part it's ambient noise is chatter, industrial buzz, or palpable silence; Stifling Glen Bishop and his perverse turn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment