1.20.2010

Rather 4

Viewing Comic Art

As a passionate reader, English Majored, life-long bibliophile you can bet I like text in nearly any form. But- if you see me reading, you better assume that I'd really rather be checking out a comic book. The pictures and words combine to make an organismic excelsior of tapestratic benevolence which shines down, in hand-crafted witty narrative, to ignite the mind and do the thinking work for you. It's like the 4th dimension has been invoked; perhaps time is standing still, on the page.

An addendum though seems likely important. The section of the newspaper titled "Comics" and often referred to as "The Funnies" is not on the list, rather, it is this section which perhaps should be referred to as "The Ironics," since I've rarely had a laugh since Calvin & Hobbes and The Far Side took a bow.

1 comment:

smelly said...

I would say Get Fuzzy and the one with the zebras make it worth picking up the RG once in a while.

Also, you blog! New for me. Hello, see you later, cake!