Listening to "Girl Music" from Childhood
If I'm listening to music, which occurs pretty often, you can bet that it will be something typically me. It's going to be some esoteric bullshit that really only I like, not recent, not popular, and not even intentionally counter-culture; it's just what I like.
But, I'm likely to rather be listening to "girl music" which I was exposed to non-stop as a child. Mostly this was due to my older sisters, my musical influences being only them, as well as my mom and my dad to whom music was something different entirely. Needless to say, I prefer female solo vocalists. When some people might find Tracy Chapman, Sarah McLachlan, or Norah Jones a strange choice for a young man, they might be surprised to find that I jive with the music. An addendum though, a testament to the different sort of attachment with this music, I know none of the words; Probably since I heard those songs at such an age that it wasn't about words, just melody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment