There's this term associated with republicans, or I think -I'm not sure, "Neoliberalism" that says that people who buy into that ideology are "radical individualists." This is unfortunate. I've always identified as a "radical individualist," but the only archetypes I've got are assholes from each side of the political spectrum. So you got the "no compromise in defense of personal ideals" Ayn Rands; bunch of turds. I mean you can read about how Ayn Rand did that in her personal life, and how she seems like the type of tightly-wound librarian who was never happy and didn't want to see anybody else happy either. Then you've got some Earth-First type people, "No compromise in defense of mother-earth," which is really just as bad. No compromise? Anytime someone begins with "no compromise" it seems like there's some weak shit going on. Then you've got the love it or leave it radical individual; American flags, eagles, the works.
Why can't we have a selfish, normal, human radical individual. I am who I am. I think some things are dumb, and others are great. I'm not going to change that much, but I'll change in the right ways. I like to do things myself when nobody wants to do them with me. Most people are wimps in comparison to me, but only because I value different things. My life is extremely isolating. That's the downside to all of these I suppose.
-David
5.16.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment