While there may be times, most times, when I struggle for any sense of synchronicity, there is a fine line where I can do perfectly. It's these moments of disequilibrium that allow for an oscillation, more wave-like than disordered that allows for the repeated acts of physical juggling that appear most impressive. And while that's nearly impossible to understand, what I mean here is the following examples taken from everyday life, starting backwards.
I make a phone call, "Hey Mom, Mom's day. Happy Valentine's Day. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Ha, funny son." Person walks by window. It's my nieghbor. Wait, it's a friend too; same time of arrival. "Get some coffee? Go on a bike ride?" Sure, whatever. "Bye Mom." Take the tuba, first time in 6 months playing. National Tuba Day, last Friday. Someone tells me this. We get coffee. See a guy from around town. Talk for a while about playing jazz. Someone I recognize, it's a friend's sister, a friend from high-school, in Connecticut; this is Oregon. Go to the river. Play music. Other strange instruments, bagpipes and parade. Rain comes, we flee to a gazebo accompanied by vagrants. "I have a flugel horn," and he does have one. The other has a mandolin. We talk about Close Encounters of the Third Kind, we play the songs from it. It's thundering, it's a lightening storm. I've got a large piece of metal, so we choose to wait it out. That's it.
Disequilibrium certainly seem accurate, describes my life. Strange though, my days lately. More to come.
5.09.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment