4.26.2010

Impossible

Something about the distance between myself and Indian cinema made the cliche, horrible monstrosity of gender drama bearable. Pyaar Impossible used that male gaze pretty well. Some of the more classic up the legs / descending a staircase / silhouette on the beach moves that Hollywood burned, literally, into film. Well it's more of a exothermic chemical reaction, like burning --and true some theaters, film production studios and the like burned, so yeah, they literally burned it --into our consciousness. You can't literally burn consciousness. You can't literally consciousness, mostly it can't function in a sentence this way --that's why.

Making students write This I Believe essays is like, ultimate irony I guess. Judgment on beliefs really, as something good, solid, tangible. I believe? I don't really.

I know. I can. I do. I am. I believe? Only as a matter of intellectual diddling. Nothing of import do I believe.

I wish. Oh, ya. I certainly want. I need. But believe? Not really.

I skeeze. I wince. I coffet. I mince. I buffet. That's the 'b' I need.

No comments: