I had one of those fever dreams at this specific point probably in high school,
But it was a fever-dream. Hyphen fever, (comma) dream.
The distance is palpable even as it happened.
In the dream winter fell and washed the ground with not that light snow.
Not the snow of dreams of clean and Christmas day or silence waking.
The mud the dream of snow brought that sits on edge that plows drag up
Leaving crust and ice and whatwassnow but now is deathfall if a fall (it'd lead to death).
A bag of dead cats underneath the shovel discovery at the lip of a driveway
My driveway the job I did not because I was asked and sometimes was but that I often
And this time did
Self plow that lip that if left will freeze and provide a successful impenetrable speedbump
Speed Zero.
And it never happened.
And I made the mistake of telling someone,
Telling my family, in passing, ha, ha, remember that weird thing that happened?
When it never did.
No comments:
Post a Comment