I used to think I hated weddings.
I do,
But I used to think it was just weddings.
No, it's funerals too.
Couldn't we just do this at the post-office?
And then it went further.
The Star-spangled banner, no thanks
Heard it once, didn't like it.
4th grade,
I'm remembering this,
It's coming to me.
Crisis of self:
Stopped saying the pledge
Of allegiance.
Hand on heart, no words.
Then just standing.
A hearts just an organ.
Graduations,
Isn't it the work that gets us there?
It's ceremonies,
That's the problem.
10.10.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
D.Kline,
I haven't read your blog for a long time D.Kline. It is still the same. AWESOME, your writing is great.
I feel this way about Korea all the time. The entire Korean education system is a huge facade of face saving ceremony and BS'ing.
I read your post about how you hate Coos Bay. I can only simply say, fuck that sucks - I'm sorry.
And also, I know what you mean. I feel slightly similar in Korea sometime. I will leave soon, and move to Mongolia for a bit where I won't have security, or be making money.
When I come back to the US I will visit you in Coos Bay. We can go camping!
Miss you, it's been years,
Sincerely
Ben C.
Post a Comment