2.14.2009

The Fish was this big...

To be a font of knowledge, I do not deny is a hobby-horse of mine. Pretentiousness I do not lack, however I swear I will never be "working on a novel," or have any sort of novel in the batting cage.

One rule of battle is, do not write a novel.

Another rule is, do not tell anyone you wrote a novel.
Wait until, on the very off chance it is at all, published. Then tell the family, tell the friends. Throw a fancy wine and, or pork-party. Don't invite the family if it's a pork-party. Do invite the family if the pork and party are not joined at the hyphenated hip.

For the record, I am not writing a novel.
My penchant for falsifying language with the dapple of a word/frump is benignly over valued by Wall Street analysts. It was topical references that got us into this mess, and it's topical references that are going to get us out. Cast us doubt. Float us Clout.

Echo.

No comments: