Yet, there was spoken a word of complaint...
Opinions of complaining are low.
To keep this outside the realm of complaint, I submit that the pragmatism of comparison between a place traveled and a place lived is fruitless.
Finding frustrating, and personally insulting the place in which I reside, whether on the whole of my town, my state, my country. To judge the weather, the landscape, the place and value it less than that of another region, small minded, incorrect, false, rude.
Travel, on the whole is valued for being different. Difference on the whole is valued for being new. Familiarity, is not valued, is taken for granted, is water.
Gruit is a type of beer, beer is something I know. Drinking Gruit is different, new, unfamiliar. Is valuable. Beer is valuable.
Acai berries are different, new, valuable. They were. To some, they are now familiar, not valuable. Consumer society, eating up experience and forgetting the value of sameness. There is value in both, there is value where you place it. Others put value in things you do not.
2.14.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment