3.06.2009

Returning To

Old habits die hard or sometimes like a Phoenix, they rise again. Which is why those dreams I've been having. That tendency to awaken most nights at 3 am, mind you fully rested, or at least it feels that way is like a return to childhood.

At a certain point near the onset of my pubescence I recall coming awake each night, and reading myself to sleep. Or at least into tiredness. It seems that returning to my more natural sleep rhythms has brought on this same cycle. The only difference now is, my desire to sleep is stronger. I can bull through that urge to awake, to come alive and read. Now I look at the clock and think, "No, I can't get up now, it's 3 a.m." So, I don't.

And perhaps this is where my love of reading stems, my passion for language. I wish there was some French phrase to describe mon amour pour la lange. La lange est jamais perdu.

No comments: