Reciprocation, Words are like, turned and cyclical.
My sister told me she saw something. It was remembered by me in such a way as it went into the gross generalization category. In fact it was grossly generalized so well, that I had a difficult time even remembering which sister, in fact, had told me of aforementioned "something." This is a problem.
The line was, "Metaphors are, like, similes."
That is great. Beyond American that line is exceptionally nationalistic. Sorry, those lines are likely to be construed as strange, uncomprehendable. In fact what I mean by "American" is great. And by "exceptionally nationalistic," I mean even greater. Whole-hearted embracing of ones country as the supreme was never anything but the best idea ever.
Hole-hearted.
Now that's a good insult to tell a poet.
"Hey Poet! You've got a Hole for a Heart, by which I mean you're unfeeling despite your profession's emphasis on just that, feeling. Please don't construe my phrase hole-hearted to mean some literary depth. It not multilayer despite the multiple reading which may imply that it was over feeling that caused immense pressure to build up and consume your heart. Actually, I reverse my previous statement and now multilayer my analogy by saying your heart is in fact Black-Hole-Hearted. Consumed at once by an overabundance of emotion it collapsed on itself and is now unfeeling as well as absent. The point being, your profession by definition is self-serving and selfish. There is an unavoidable egoistism in what you do. You are a prostitute of the deepest feelings of humankind! Huzzah."
5.30.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment