6.03.2009

The Main Character

Why am I the main character in every novel I read?
No, I don't mean I, the reader, place my self in the role of the main character.
I am the main character.

I didn't want to read it.
Something compelled me.
The Fountain Head, I must complete my ridicule of this novel,
But first I must read the novel, instead of claiming some bullshit.
Come on, the main character is a redheaded atheist.

Or with Graphic novels.
Concrete and Y: The Last Man
These characters of archetypes of me.
And yes, Nerd party esoteris. Unknown to most.
When did this schema get invented?
The English major. The Persona Obscura Normalis.
That's not latin, but it proves my point exactly.

Bullshittery. That's what these characters have in common with me.
We are experts in self-differentiation.
Of course we fail.
Different just like everyone else.
That's the American condition.

No comments: