6.10.2009

Scent Memory

I heard somewhere that smelling things out of the blue is bad. Unhealthy brain activity. Hope not. I'm smelling those special Easter-egg candy coated chocolates; they come in pastels.

Besides that, they call it scent memory. Thinking about scent memory. I don't remember the scent, I remember the smell. Also, that's how I talk. That's how we all talk. Smelling is an action too, scenting isn't.

When I open a bag of stuff I smell it. I used to be able to taste the difference between M&Ms, but I guess that was a texture thing really. Brown and red went together, Green and Yellow were distinct. They didn't have blue when I was a kid. For the record, I voted for purple.

Blue tastes like poison. Nobody was ever poisoned with a purple. But a blue, oh definitely.

Sometimes, to make a bag of M&Ms last longer I sort the colors, the take a blind sampling to see if I can still tell the difference. I can't.

But then again I can't however inches above the ground anymore. Flying. Maybe I'm just bigger; there's only so much flight in a body, it can't be sustained at adult sizes. That's the most likely. No doubt.

No comments: