6.02.2009

Pay Free TV

As the youth of America loses free television, the unemployed and indigent grow pimply slaving like a work-a-day man on his computer, in search of television indecently free of advertisement.

There is of course the illegal route. Downloading, such an inescapable word; reminds the greater good that something is coming in where profits and milking should be coming out. Downloading has an air of drug use. Strangely though, with the advent of Digital television on the air waves, the cost of free TV has gone up. Pay for a box, now your TV is free.

Not free of advertisements. Free of.

Of course there is no freedom in the television business. Most things worth saying and watching are restricted. I am of course referring to the obscene. And contrary to what some font of knowledge called Paradise Lost might have you think, that what comes freely has no value, I say false.

Now that a price has been put on my choice for free TV, I realize it has no value. Before, when the air was clear and the signal strong, the investment of Zero in Free TV was pulling in Infinite returns. Even the antenna which for the past 4 years has pulled substandard programming from the ether came free, a found object, relic of former tenants.

So, bones to the Tubes. And perhaps one day bones to the Intertubes. Middling in my viewing pleasure, advertisements in my Bones episdoes. It's not that good anyway. Give me a reason to turn it off. I dare you. It's not like I have disposable income anyway.

No comments: